Looming hostel aims to minimize our operations impact on the environment. We hold in high regard our commitment to reusing, recycling, renovating and reducing our ecological footprint.
We implement the following environmental principles:
- Most of our furniture is from second hand shops, reused or made from recycled materials
- We use resources effectively and economically
- We prefer natural and environmentally friendly materials
- All cleansers we use have eco or nature-friendly label or we use vinegar solution
- We produce as little trash as we can. We sort the generated waste into household waste, packaging, paper and cardboard, bottles and biowaste
- Breakfast at the hostel is vegetarian
- We train our employees to be environmentally conscious and let them apply their knowledge on a daily basis
- We also encourage our guests to act responsibly towards the environment and share their knowledge with us and other guests
Looming’s team consists of diligent reception staff who are responsible for welcoming guests and managing reservations and a manager who keeps an eye on the big picture.
Volunteers from different countries whose tasks include both cleaning and all-round assistance to visitors.
And, of course, the founders of the hostel, Sigrit and Helgur, who lend a hand and shoulder to everything.